Harvard Street Neighborhood Health Center’s Adult Medicine Department provides outstanding comprehensive primary care and well care management for adults. The knowledgeable staff of physicians and nurse practitioners offer personalized quality care ranging from routine well visits to treatment of acute and chronic illnesses. As part of managing health care needs, Harvard Street coordinates specialty care within the health center or at any of Boston’s top hospitals.
- Preventive health services, including cancer screening and health counseling
- Chronic disease management, including management of diabetes, asthma and hypertension
- Acute care services via both scheduled and walk-in appointments as well as 24-hour phone access to providers.
Harvard Street Neighborhood Health Center’s adolescent clinic provides confidential health care to boys and girls transitioning between pediatrics and adult medicine. Our preventive health services include screening for and management of reproductive services, violence prevention and mental health services.
In addition to primary care and preventive health services, HSNHC offers:
- Confidential services regardless of primary care site
- Pregnancy prevention and/or counseling
- STD/HIV testing and care
- Drug and alcohol counseling
- Referrals for treatment.
Specialized Services for Children, Teenagers, Adults, and Women
Harvard Street Neighborhood Health Center’s physicians and support staff provide quality care to children in the greater Boston neighborhoods of Dorchester, Roxbury, Mattapan, and surrounding areas. The wide range of specialized services for parents, infants, children, and adolescents include:
- Prenatal counseling
- Newborn and infant care
- Adolescent care
- Well-child visits
- Acute and chronic illnesses treatment
- Emergency care and treatment
- Routine developmental, hearing and vision screenings
- Camp, school and sports physicals
- Routine lab work and screening
- Family counseling for behavior and school challenges.
Harvard Street refers pediatric patients to specialists at any of the surrounding pediatric hospitals including Children’s Hospital Boston, Boston Medical Center, Tufts Medical Center, and Massachusetts General Hospital.